TCS/TPS Grade- II Prelims Syllabus
TPSC Prelims Syllabus [Total Marks -200]
(i) English Composition – 30 marks
(ii) General Knowledge & Current Events of Local, National & International Importance. – 30 marks
(iii) History of Modern India and Indian National Movement for the period 1857 to 1947. – 20 marks
(iv) Geography of India – 20 marks
(v) Geography, History & Culture of Tripura – 15 marks
(vi) Indian Polity and Economy – 25 marks
(vii) General Science and Environment – 25 marks
(viii) General Mental Ability – 20 marks
(ix) Numerical Ability – 15 marks
TPSC Prelims Detailed Syllabus:
English Composition: –
- Question on English Composition will cover Synonyms
- use of common Phrase & Idioms
- use of appropriate Prepositions and Articles
- Comprehension, Ordering of words in a sentence
- Ordering of sentences, spotting of errors
- use of appropriate and qualifying words etc.
History of Modern India & Indian National Movement for the period 1857 to 1947: –
- In History, emphasis will be on a broad general understanding of the subject in its Social, Economic, and Political aspects.
- Questions on the Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the Nineteenth Century resurgence, growth of Nationalism, and attainment of Independence.
Geography of India: –
- Question on Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of the country including the main features of Indian Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Geography, History & Culture of Tripura: –
- In Geography of Tripura, emphasis will be on its natural resources with special reference to its soil, forest, water, and power.
- The period from 1857 to 1949 will be considered for the setting question on the History of Tripura.
- There will be questions on different Tribes, Languages, Customs, Festivals, Important Historical sites, etc.
Indian Polity and Economy: –
- Indian Polity and Economy will test the knowledge of the candidates in the Country’s Political system and the Constitution of India
- Panchayati Raj
- Community development
- Economic development during Plan periods
General Science and Environment: –
- Questions on General Science and Environment will cover general appreciation and understanding of science and environment including matters of everyday observation and experience along with general awareness of Information & Communication Technology as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline.
General Mental Ability: –
- On General, Mental Ability questions will be set on logical perception, understanding, natural conclusion, etc.
Numerical Ability: –
- Questions on Numerical Ability will be similar to that of the Compulsory Mathematics paper at the Madhyamik Examination of Tripura Board of Secondary Education.