TPSC (TCS/ TPS) Mains Answer Writing
Answer- Writing Strategy
- TCS/TPS – Grade II – Civil Service examination conducted by TPSC is undoubtedly the highest exam conducted by the State Public Service Commission. TCS/TPS Main Examination requires a combination of objective as well as descriptive answers for 6 Papers out of which 4 papers are of General Studies and 2 Language Papers.
- Answer writing plays a pivotal role in your selection as a Civil Servant. Answer- writing is like an art that can’t be mastered overnight. At the same time, it is not a rare skill. One needs to be consistent and motivated enough to deal with the answer-writing part.
- One does not need flawless English or fancy vocabulary to clear this exam. An answer written in simple and clear language is likely to fetch more marks.
- Writing- strategy for Mains GS papers and Language Papers remains more or less the same.
- Know the syllabus inside out and prepare for at least 80-90%topics with enough fodder material to be able to write at least(200- 250) -word answers.
- Start with the last 2 years’ question papers (since 2019- new syllabus) and attempt all the questions & get them evaluated by your mentor. Proper feedback at this point is very crucial. It will give you excellent exposure.
- Pay proper attention to Local demographics, Local Geography, Local Economy & local administrative structure.
- Learn to organize your notes properly.
- Timely and regular revision is essential. Without it, you will not be able to recall whatever you may have read.
- Reading and revising, over and over, but never actually practicing it will not benefit you. Get over the inertia to write.
- Regular evaluation of answers will help you stay at the desired pace and on track.
- During TCS/TPS Main Examination- Writing uncompromisingly for 6 hours per day for 3 days in a row will definitely cause serious mental and physical weariness. Hence, the only way to overcome it is to practice enough before the final exam.
- Don’t aim for perfection. There is no perfect answer, hence don’t waste your time struggling to write one.
- Learn to draw a map of India and a few economic curves in less than a few seconds
- Attend at least 5 proper Full Length – Test Series for Main Examination
- Do attempt all questions in Main Examination- do not waste time in thinking too much about the perfect opening line or a perfect conclusion. “Aiming for perfection is your biggest enemy”.
- Proper time management in the exam hall is only possible when you have gone through a minimum of 5 full-length- Mains Test Series.
- It is best to start answer-writing practice after a minimum of 3- 4 months of initial preparation.
- Daily, 2-3 questions should be practiced and submitted for evaluation.
- Always try to use keywords to highlight important and scoring points in your answers and underline the keywords.
- Do not give vague references in your answer. Always support your answer with relevant data to provide legitimacy to your answers.
- Give headings and subheadings in your answer wherever necessary. Include graphs, tables, and flow charts to increase the appeal of the answer.
- Always write in a simple but error-free language. Do not make grammatical errors.
- You should prefer to write your answers in points but there is no rule against writing answers in paragraphs. At the end of the day, the content has more value.
- Adhere to the word limit specified by the TPSC (+ 50 & -20 words – safe zone)
DO’S AND DON’TS IN ANSWER- WRITING:
- Read the question thoroughly to understand the demand of the question
- Do not philosophize the answer
- Write to the point to address the main demand of the question while maintaining the proper flow of the information.
You may ace your answer-writing practice with Oriental IAS Academy’s smart guide program on Answer-Writing. Be assured of unmatched quality assistance.
“GS + Essay Evaluation” Package Valid Till TCS/TPS Main Examination- 2023
- NO STRICT LIMITS ON ANSWERS
- NO STRICT LIMITS ON ESSAYS
- VALID TILL MAINS 2023
- EVALUATION WITHIN 24-48 HOUR
- ORIENTAL IAS PROVIDES QUESTIONS
- STUDENTS ARE ALLOWED TO USE QUESTIONS FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE TOO
- EVALUATION OF COPIES BY EXPERTS
- STUDENTS WOULD HAVE TO EMAIL THEIR ANSWERS AS PDF
- EMAIL WOULD BE SHARED AFTER ENROLLMENT
FOR FREE 3 ANSWERS DEMO EVALUATION
CONTACT: 9863761321/ 9205487066
Total Fees– RS. 7999