- In Tripura, ‘My Pad, My Right’ project has been initiated by NABARD and NABFOUNDATION at Killa village in Gomati district on 28thof August 2021.
- To ensure menstrual hygiene for rural women, better health, better livelihood. Women empowerment and employment through setting up of a sanitary pad making unit by active participation from Self- Help Groups.
- The sanitary pad making machines under the project are being supplied by Padmashri Shri. Arunachalam Megagnathia, the Padman of India, who foresees India as ‘model country’ to the world in managing menstrual hygiene.
Why “MY PAD, MY RIGHT” is needed?
- More than 40,000 rural women die every year on account of cervical cancer due to lack of access to clean pads during their menstrual cycle.
- Nearly 2.3 crore young girls leave school for the same reason.
- Hardly 10-15% rural women can afford and access sanitary pads in the country. Hence, the project is quite essential to deal with potential health hazard.
NABARD(National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development)
NABARD was established on 12 July 1982 by transferring the agricultural credit functions of RBI and refinance functions of the then Agricultural Refinance and Development Corporation (ARDC)
Objective:To promote sustainable and equitable agriculture and rural development through participative financial and non-financial interventions, innovations, technology and institutional development for securing prosperity
The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman flagged off a mobile ATM van of Tripura State Co-Operative Bank Ltd. at Killa village in Gomati district on the occasion of the 7thanniversary of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (28thAugust,2021).
- The mobile ATM van will cover all gram panchayats/village committees of South Tripura District.
- It supports ATM cards of all banks.
- It is fitted with an LED TV for demonstration of digital financial literacy related videos and promotion of different banking products.
- The van not only demonstrate the latest banking technologies but also spread financial literacy messages in the remotest corner to promote financial inclusion.
December 12, 2002 – ICICI Bank Launched “ATM on Wheels”- India’s first Mobile ATM Van, in Mumbai.
- All Tripura Open Prize Money Chess Tournament 2021 has started on 23rd October, 2021 at NSRCC, Agartala organized by All Tripura Chess Association.
- Arshiya Das(8-year-old girl of Tripura who clinched the only gold medal for India at the Asian School Chess Championship in Uzbekistan,2019)participated this tournament.
- Tripura government is going to start Solar Study Lamp (SSL) Scheme 2021 for students.
- SSL Inauguration- ByTripura Deputy CM Jishnu Dev Varmaat Bishramganj in western Tripura held last year on 11 March 2020.
- Implemented by-Tripura Renewable Energy Development Agency (TREDA)
- To provide Saur Urja Lamps to school students for their intense study and ensuring students to have access to lighting in the evening hours for their studies during this monsoon.
- To empower women financially and most importantly, to curb kerosene dependency and stop indoor pollution.
- In this Tripura Solar Study Lamp Scheme, the state govt. will provide 6,00,000 environment friendly solar study lamps to students belonging to poor families.
- Each student can get these Saur Urja Lamps at token amount of just Rs.10
- Solar lamps provide a viable solution to households who are traditionally dependent on kerosene lamps and suffer from regular power cuts.
- Per unit cost of lighting under SSR is quite affordable.
- High efficiency for light bulb and mobility ensures a long range of light.
Additional Information: The solar study lamp consists of a photovoltaic module which converts sunlight into electricity
Main focus of the scheme –
- To provide free nutrition kits to pregnantwomen & lactating mothers to tackle malnutrition.
- To curb problems like an infant, maternal mortality, and malnutrition in pregnant women, the Tripura government has come up with the scheme’s initiative
[Launching Date- 25 June 2020 by Tripura Government]
- Free Nutrition Kits
- periodic check-ups for pregnant women at a nearby Primary Health Centre (PHCs)
- Around 40, 000 women will be benefited under the Tripura Mukhyamantri Matri Pushti Uphaar Scheme.
- To enable free distribution of sanitary pads to girl students.
- To normalize public debates about menstrual hygiene.
- To conduct awareness camps in various schools for boys to create a healthy mindset on menstruation in the opposite sex.
- To make sanitary pads easily accessible to the girls in the schools.
- This Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme will help to raise the awareness about the need for menstrual hygiene.
Tanisha Das has been selected in Team-A for U-19 Women’s One-Day Challenger Trophy 2021-22
Maitri Setu-Gateway of Northeast, is a 150-metre bridge on Feni River which links Tripura in India with Chittagong port in Bangladesh.
Inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi on March 9,2021
- It provides a shorter and more economical alternate land route between India’s eastern and western states compared to the longer route through Assam.
- Tripura is set to become the Gateway of North East with access to Chittagong Port of Bangladesh, which is just 80 Kilometres from Sabroom.
- The name Maitri Setu symbolizes growing bilateral relations and friendly ties between India and Bangladesh.
- The construction was taken up by the National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limitedat a project cost of 133 Crore rupees.
- The 9 Kilometres long bridge joins Sabroom in India with Ramgarh in Bangladesh.
- Researchers have found a species of snake hitherto Eastern Cat Snake Boiga gokoolin Khowai district, Tripura.
- Boiga gokool is a south Asian species having definite distribution records from northern and eastern India, Bangladesh, and Bhutan.
- It has been listed as Schedule IV species under the Indian Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 (whereas under IUCN Red List category, it stands as ‘Not Evaluated’.
- So far 21 species of snakes under 19 genera and six families have been reported from Tripura.
Among the seven NE states Tripura has the highest coverage of single- dose vaccination among the population in the 18-plus age group, while Manipur is at the bottom of the list.
- 97% of the total population have received the first dose
- 67% have been fully vaccinated
The culling of pigs began in Uricherra of Suvashnagar, Kanchanpur, North Tripura, on 17th October, 2021.
Because Northeastern Regional Diseases Diagnostic Laboratory, Guwahati, tested tissue samples of suspected pigs positive for African swine fever-Informed by Director of Animal Resource Development K. Sashi Kumar.
African Swine Fever (ASF) is a highly contagious and deadly swine disease that can affect both farm-raised and feral (wild) pigs. ASF doesn’t infect people, but it is readily passed from one pig to another by direct contact with bodily fluids from an infected pig.
- BenichandraJamatia, breathed his last on 14 December 2020 at his home in Maharani, Udaipur, Tripura.
- He was a Tripuri Indian writer and litterateur, known for his contribution to the fields of literature and education in Tripura.
- He was the first person to introduce the Baul singing tradition of West Bengal in Kokborok language.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri [The fourth-highest civilian award in India ] on 20 June,2020
- Notable works: Dormo Lam Bay KokborokBaul (English: The path of Dharma and KokBorok devotional songs)
- Tripura State AIDS Control Society (TACS) has launched a three-month-long extensive free HIV testing across 17 stations, including railway and bus stands.
- This step has been taken because the statistics of last five years have shown an exponential growth of HIV positive cases in Tripura.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus infection and acquired Immune Deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) is a spectrum of conditions caused by infection with the Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), a retrovirus. It is primarily a sexually transmitted disease (STD).
- World AIDS Day – 1st December
- The Tripura Government decided to settle 32000 Brus in 20 selected locations of the state in 2020.
- The resettlement process began as part of the agreement signed between the Union Government, Governments of Tripura and Mizoram and the Bru leaders in January,2020 to provide over 32,000 Brus permanent resettlement in Tripura
- Present Status (September,2021)- Tripura, has already started with granting permanent addresses at Dhalai district to 426 Bru families from Kanchanpur in April 2021.
Who are Brus?
- The Brus, also referred as the Reangs, are spread across the North Eastern states of Tripura, Assam, Manipur, and Mizoram.
- In Mizoram, they have been targeted by groups that do not consider them indigenous to the state.
- Twenty-three years after ethnic clashes in Mizoram, which forced 37,000 people of the BruReang community to flee their homes to neighbouring Tripura.
In Tripura, they are recognised as a Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group.
On October 5, 15 judges of 11 high courts have been transferred. The transfers were recommended by the Supreme Court. This is the 1st set of transfers of High Court Judges.
In the 2nd set of transfers of High Court Judges, seven judges were transferred on 11th October,2021 to different high courts.
- Article 222 of the Constitution makes provision for the transfer of a Judge (including Chief Justice) from one High Court to any other High Court.
- The proposal for the transfer of a Judge is initiated by the Chief Justice of India (CJI) and the opinion of the CJI “is determinative”.
- Consent of a Judge for his first or subsequent transfer would not be required.
Pratima Bhowmik, became the first Tripura resident and second woman from North East to be a Union Minister (on 8th July). Earlier She was an MP, who won 17thLok Sabha election from West Tripura Seat. She is currently serving as the Minister of State in the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Pratima Bhowmik has been a BJP activist and leader since 1991. She was elected from the West Tripura Lok Sabha seat in 2019 and defeated MP Shankar Prasad Dutta . She comes from a farming family in remote Dhanpur village.
The first Kisan Rail train from the Northeastern region, carrying consignments of fruits produced by the farmers of Tripura, was flagged off on 11th June,2021, from Agartala railway station.
The train is carrying 8,990 kg of pineapple to Adarshanagar of Delhi and 1,145 kg of pineapple and jackfruits to Guwahati.
1.To increase the income in the farm sector by connecting production centres to markets and consumption centres.
2.To reduce the transport cost of agricultural products.
Indian Railways started running ‘Kisan Rail’ in the country in August last year to transport perishable goods and Agri-product, including milk, meat and fish providing a wider market to farmers and enabling them to increase their income
On 2nd July, 2021, Tripura government has appointed a veteran lawyer K.N Bhattacharjee, as the new Lokayukta of Tripura to deal with the complaints of corruption against public servants and functionaries under Tripura Lokayukta Act, 2008. He is the third Lokayukta of the state and the first lawyer to be appointed to the post.
Wheat shipment from Tripura exported to Bangladesh via Agartala land through Agartala integrated check post. The consignment of 1300450 MT wheat has been exported to Bangladesh in 21289 bags by 87 trucks which was transported from Uttar Pradesh by Indian Railway.
- Export through Agartala land port has reduced the transportation cost and journey time considerably.
- Now the consignment gets delivered within 4 hours while earlier it used to take at least 12 hours.
High Court of Tripura admitted a Suomotu Public Interest Litigation (PIL) on Karbong and instructed government to make an assessment on Karbong Community’s (a sub-tribe of Tripura’s Halam community/Tripuri Tribes) needs and submit the information by November 9,2021.
- A division bench of the high court comprising newly appointed Chief Justice IndrajitMahanty and Justice SubhashishTalapatra admitted this PIL on the Karbong community facing extinction.
- The bench appointed advocate HarekrishnaBhowmik as amicus curiae for the court
On Mother Language Day (February 21) this year,Tripura felicitated Rabi Mohan Karbong, representative of the endangered ethno-linguistic tribal group, and announced that steps would be taken to rename different places in indigenous tribal dialects as a sign of respect and recognition to the communities.
On 4th January, 2022, PM Modi visited Tripura and Manipur.
During the visit in Tripura, he inaugurated the New Integrated Terminal Building at Maharaja Bir
Bikram Airport and launched two key development initiatives – (i) Mukhyamantri Tripura Gram
Samriddhi Yojana and (ii) Project Mission 100 of Vidyajyoti Schools.
Project Mission 100 of Vidyajyoti Schools
- Project Mission 100 of Vidyajyoti Schools is aimed to improve the quality of education in the
state by converting 100 existing High / Higher secondary schools to Vidyajyoti Schools with
state of art facilities and quality education.
- The project will cover about 1.2 lakh students from Nursery to class XII and will cost around
Rs 500 crores in the next three years.
Mukhyamantri Tripura Gram Samriddhi Yojana:
- It aims to achieve the benchmark standards for service delivery in core development
sectors at the village level.
- The key sectors selected for this include household tap connections, domestic electricity
connections, all-weather roads, functional toilets for every household, recommended
immunization for every child, participation of women in Self Help Groups etc.
- Kokborok Day is also known as the Tripuri Language Day.
- This day has been chosen to commemorate its initial recognition as an official language in
- 44th Kokborok Day celebration program held at Rabindra Satabarsiki in presence of CM
BIplab Kumar Deb.
- This year’s theme was “Matribhashake Samman Janai”.
- Paying respect to Kokborok language, the state government has decided to rename
Gandacherra as Ganda Twisa and Atharamura as Hachuk Berem
- Earlier (in 2020), the state government had changed the name of Baramura to ‘Hataikotor’.
- Launched on 50th Statehood Day.
- ‘Lakshya 2047’- a booklet prepared by Tripura government on its action plan for the next 25
- The booklet revealed progress in the six sectors- Primary sector, Social sector,
Environmental, Forest & Climate Change sector, Industry & Investment sector, Governance
sector and Infrastructure, Connectivity & Logistics sector.
- On the occasion of ’50th Statehood Day’ celebrations of Tripura, Union Home Minister
officially launched a postal stamp of “India Perfume” which is dedicated to rich Agar reserve
- Agar- State Tree of Tripura.
Tripura’s third Border Haat
- Foundation stone for Tripura’s third Border Haat was laid at a zero point of border
connecting India’s Kamalpur and Bangladesh’s Kurmaghat.
- Two Border Haats, one at Kamalasagar in Sepahijala district and the other at Srinagar in
south district are already operational in Tripura.
Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North East Region (MOVCD-NER)
- Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North East Region (MOVCD-NER) is a Central
Sector Scheme, a sub-mission under National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA).
- It was launched by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare for implementation in
the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim
Atal Tinkering Laboratory
- Atal Tinkering Laboratory has been developed at the Rangamatia Higher Secondary School
campus in Sonamura subdivision to facilitate hands on training on science and technology
among the students.
- This lab was officially opened on March 17 by chairman of Nalchhar Panchayat Samiti
Saihmar Festival of the Saihmar clan of Halam community was held with the initiative of Information
& Cultural Affairs department in association with Saihmar Festival Committee and Durgachowmuni
RD Block on March 22.
Northeast Multimedia Campaign
- Northeast Multimedia Campaign has been held at Swami Vivekananda Maidan on March 25,
2022 as a part of the drive to make Northeast including Tripura HIV and addiction free.
- Famous Bollywood Singer Kumar Sanu has taken part at the cultural event. Sourabhee
Debbarma, Palak Muchhal, Palash Muchhal and 8 bands from different states of the
Northeast have also been performed at the event.
- A 2-day State-Level workshop was held with the joint initiative of NITI Aayog and Planning
(Statistics) department, Government of Tripura at Pragna Bhawan.
- The topics discussed were- NER District SDG Index 2.0, SDG India Index 4.0 and National
Multidimensional Poverty Index.
‘Mukhyamantri Nibir Matsyachash Prakalpa
- In a one day workshop on Biofloc fish farming at Rabindra Bhavan CM launched this project.
- Tripura Govt. has allotted a budget of Rs 6 Cr for setting up bio floc units across the state.
40th Agartala Book Fair
- The 12-day long 40th Agartala Book Fair was started on March 25 and ended ton April 5.
- 40th Agartala Book Fair was held at International Fair Ground, Hapania.
- Theme: ‘Amar Tripura, Amar Garva’ or ‘My Tripura, My Pride‘.
❖ On the closing ceremony of 40th Agartala Book Fair, Chittaranjan Debbarma has been
honoured with Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishor Manikya Bahadur Memorial Award.
❖ Sanjib Deb has been honoured with Atal Bihari Vajpayee Lifetime Achievement Award.
❖ Dr. Manoj Kanti Debroy has been honoured with Pandit Deendayal Upadhay Jatiya Sanghati
Puraskar (National Solidarity Award).
“Mukhyamantri Chaa Srami Kalyan Prakalpa”
- The Tripura government announced a special scheme named “Mukhyamantri Chaa Srami
- The scheme aims to ensure the social security of around 7,000 Tripura’s tea garden workers.
- The tea garden workers will be provided housing, rations, and financial support, by clubbing
the entitlements of the Tripura government and Union government.
Key components of the scheme:
- Tea worker will get wage of rupees 176 per day instead of rupees 130 per day.
- To provide land to tea garden workers for constructing a house.
- To allot defunct tea garden land on a lease basis through Cooperative.
- To provide priority group ration cards and social pension to all eligible families.
- To provide Maternal and Child Health Care assistance and health insurance.
- To provide supportive appliances and assistive devices for persons with disability
- To coordinate with managers of tea gardens for providing an eco-friendly environment.
- To provide basic facilities like drinking water, electricity, education, and healthcare
amenities to all households of tea garden workers.
- About 75% of the 7000 tea garden workers are women and they produce nearly 90 lakh
kilograms of tea through 54 tea estates & 21 tea processing factories across the state.
- The Union Home and Cooperation Minister, Amit Shah had inaugurated The 2022 Women
Empowerment Campaign and Chief Minister Shramik Kalyan Prakalp scheme for the
women of Tripura on the occasion of International Women’s Day & also laid the foundation
stone for National Forensic Sciences University in Agartala, capital of Tripura.
India’s First Bamboo Village
- Tripura is now home to India’s first bamboo park that has been set up to boost industries in
the Northeast region, whereas the first-of-its-kind multi-purpose ‘Bashgram’ (bamboo
village) came up in the state to boost eco-tourism in the region.
- The bamboo village features a yoga centre, playground, several ponds with sufficient flora
and fauna, bamboo bridges and pathways, bamboo cottages, various eco-friendly utilities
and facilities are also available.
- 14 species of Bamboos are available here.
The second Indo-Bangla Tourism Festival
- The second Indo-Bangla Tourism Festival was held from April 17-19 at Ujjayanta Palace
- The inaugural function was marked with several colourful cultural performances by artists
from both the countries.
- Hundreds of people turned up to enjoy the function in the Tripura capital.
- The festival was first started in 2020, but due to COVID-19 pandemic, the event could not be
organized for the last two years.
- The main aim of the event is to strengthen cultural ties between Tripura and Bangladesh and
also promote tourism exchange between India and Bangladesh.
- Several singers from Bangladesh performed at the function while delegates from Bangladesh
tasted the indigenous dishes prepared in the food festival.
Kalasi Cluster level foundation of women SHGs promoted by TRLM got selected for National level
Atmanirbhar Sangathan Award by The Ministry for Rural Development, GOI.
- Recently Tripura government has given its approval for setting up a Buddhist University at
Sabroom in South Tripura district.
- Name: Manu Bankul
Digital Bangladesh IT Business Summit-2022
- Digital Bangladesh IT Business Summit-2022 held at Hotel Polo Towers.
- Minister of State for Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Government of the
People’s Republic of Bangladesh, Zunaid Ahmed Palak in the Summit expressed his gratitude
as India has provided 100 advanced ambulances, vaccines and oxygen to Bangladesh during Covid-19 pandemic.
State Institute of Public Administration and Rural Development(SIPARD)
- SIPARD conducted the 3-day training program on “Leadership Skills and Gender
Mainstreaming” at 5 different areas of Tripura.
- The training program is was sponsored The National Commission for Women, Government
The North Eastern Council (NEC):
- The North Eastern Council (NEC) has sanctioned an amount of Rs 2.03 crore for
modernisation of a Brahmakunda tea estate in West Tripura.
- Notably, the Tripura government had sent proposals to the NEC for modernisation of the
Brahmakunda and Durgabari tea estate.
- North Eastern Council (NEC): a statutory advisory body constituted under the North Eastern
Council Act 1971 and came into being on 7 November 1972.
Proposal for a multimodal transport hub
- During three-day visit to Tripura Union Minister of state railways, coal and mining Raosaheb
Danve announced that a multimodal transport hub will be set up at Sabroom.
- Also, the work would soon be initiated to convert the existing single line between Agartala
and Lumding into a double line route
ONGC has successfully drilled three gas wells in Tripura by using new technology- Managed
Pressure Drilling (MPD).
A short film on the modern education system in Tripura was released on 11thApril named Shiksha
National Forensic Sciences University
- Recently Union home minister Shri Amit Shah laid the foundation stone of permanent
campus of National Forensic Sciences University at Anand Nagar, West Tripura.
- In North Eastern India , it is the first forensic sciences University.
- There will be 4 courses available named B.Sc in forensic science, M. Sc in forensic science,
M.Sc in cyber security and M.Sc in digital forensics.
Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill
The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill will be moved by Union Tribal Affairs
Minister Arjun Munda.
The purpose of the bill is to include certain communities in the list of Scheduled Tribes (STs) of
Tripura by amending the Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1950.
Tripura- NIXI World-Class Data Centre
- To set up this proposed data centre, CSE e-governance services Ltd and the National Internet
Exchange of India (NIXI) have floated a joint venture.
- The international standard Data Centre will be located at Indranagar, the headquarters of
Tripura’s IT Bhavan.
- Rs 150 crore will be invested by the joint venture company while the state government will
only be providing the space for setting up the Data Centre.
- In the next one or two months, the NIXI-CSC Data Services Centre will kick start the Data
Centre while it will take a year to raise the Data Centre’s standards to a world-class level.
“Mukhyamantri Unnoato Godhan Prakalp”
- The Government of Tripura has launched a 3-year plan to introduce sex-sorted artificial
insemination of cattle under the Mukhyamantri Unnoto Godhan Prakalpa(MUGP) scheme.
- It is aimed at making Tripura self-sufficient in milk production by ensuring that more cows
are born through selective chromosome selection.
- With this system, it is estimated to achieve 90% cow births, while the current conventional
artificial insemination method has a varying mix of cow and bull births.
- Earlier to Tirpura, Kerala, Haryana, Odisha and Maharashtra have adopted the sex sorted
artificial insemination of livestock.
- 10th June 2022- Agartala-Dhaka-Kolkata ‘Maitri’ (friendship) bus resumed its service after a
gap of two years on Friday from the Akhaura Integrated Check Post (ICP) in the outskirts of
Agartala city. As per TRTC officials, the journey will cost Rs 2,200 to travel from Agartala to
Kolkata via Dhaka and Rs 900 till Dhaka.
- Tripura Chief Minister Manik Saha on Saturday inaugurated the premium version of Tripura’s
own tea brand, Tripureshwari, and said his government was actively considering a proposal
to sell the tea produced in the state at 22 airports in India. Tripura Tea Development
Corporation (TTDC) took a unique step by distributing Tripureshwari tea through the public
distribution system (PDS) for the past two years, the new premium version would be
available over the counter.
- Har Ghar Tiranga Abhiyan: Tripura govt provided Tricolour flag to 4.5 lakh households in
- August – 2022- At the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, CM Manik Saha, launched Rs 20 crore
digital surveillance project aimed at providing security, especially for women, in places
where there are fewer security personnel. In the first phase, roughly 150 cameras are likely
to be installed at a cost of Rs 7.61 crore.
- September 2022- The Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI) will start its campus in
Tripura from October 2022 to provide several short-term courses, in the campus in the
premises of Nazrul Kalakshetra, a state-run cultural hub and auditorium, in Agartala would
offer all the courses for free at the outset sans a meagre registration fee. It may be a great
step towards development of culture and filmmaking in Tripura,”
- November 2022- CM Manik Saha launched a new portal, ‘Amar Sarkar’, to act as a bridge
between the people and the government. “The state government is ‘Amar Sarkar’ or a
government of every single citizen.
- A total of 78 departments, including the panchayat department, has been included in the
- Earlier in September 2022- ‘Har Ghar Sushasan’ initiative was launched to mark the birthday
of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It was a the three-month-long initiative, which ended in
November 2022. Under the initiative, it was to ensure door-step delivery of major central
and state government-run schemes in a mission mode. The initiative also urged the rural and
urban local bodies to undertake developmental works.
- Shakya Gasan, chief monk of the World Buddhist Pope Association of South Korea, will lay
the foundation stone for the International Buddhist University at Manu Bankul in Sabroom
of South Tripura district (November 29). The Dhamma Dipa International Buddhist
University (DDIBU) is expected to become the first Buddhist-run university in India to offer
Buddhist education along with courses in other disciplines of modern education as well.